By Pekka Neittaanmäki,Sergey Repin,Tero Tuovinen
This quantity comprises chosen papers in 3 heavily comparable parts: mathematical modeling in mechanics, numerical research, and optimization tools. The papers are dependent upon talks provided at the foreign convention for Mathematical Modeling and Optimization in Mechanics, held in Jyväskylä, Finland, March 6-7, 2014 devoted to Prof. N. Banichuk at the party of his seventieth birthday. The articles are written by means of recognized scientists operating in computational mechanics and in optimization of complex technical models. Also, the quantity includes papers discussing the historic improvement, the state-of-the-art, new rules, and open difficulties bobbing up in sleek continuum mechanics and utilized optimization difficulties. numerous papers are all for mathematical difficulties in numerical research, that are additionally heavily concerning vital mechanical versions. the most subject matters handled include:
* computing device simulation equipment in mechanics, physics, and biology;
* Variational difficulties and strategies; minimization algorithms;
* optimum keep an eye on issues of disbursed and discrete control;
* form optimization and form layout difficulties in technological know-how and engineering;
* Sensitivity research and parameters optimization of complicated systems.