By Janaki Balakrishnan,B V Sreekantan
Organisms endowed with existence exhibit a feeling of knowledge, interacting with and studying from the universe in and round them. each one point of interplay includes move of knowledge of assorted types, and at assorted degrees. every one thread of data is interlinked with the opposite, and woven jointly, those represent the universe — either the interior self and the exterior global — as we understand it. they're, figuratively talking, Nature's longest threads. This quantity stories inter-disciplinary learn and perspectives on details and its move at varied degrees of association through reputed scientists engaged on the frontier components of technological know-how. it's a frontier the place physics, arithmetic and biology merge seamlessly, binding jointly really good streams corresponding to quantum mechanics, dynamical platforms idea, and arithmetic. the subjects could curiosity a extensive cross-section of researchers in existence sciences, physics, cognition, neuroscience, arithmetic and machine technology, in addition to amateurs, familiarizing them with frontier examine on figuring out info move in residing systems.
- Mathematics In-forms Physics and Physics Per-forms arithmetic: reviews (N Kumar)
- An Incomplete Summing Up of Quantum Measurements (N D Hari Dass)
- Predictive info for Quantum Bio-Systems (Arun Kumar Pati)
- Quantum results in organic platforms (Sisir Roy)
- Instabilities in Sensory approaches (J Balakrishnan)
- Active mobile Mechanics and knowledge Processing within the residing mobilephone (M Rao)
- On the significance of size Scales in opting for the Physics of organic platforms (B Ashok)
- q-Deformations and the Dynamics of the Larch Bud-Moth inhabitants Cycles (Sudharsana V Iyengar and J Balakrishnan)
- Newtonian Chimpanzees? A Molecular Dynamics method of realizing determination Making by means of Wild Chimpanzees (Matthew Westley, Surajit Sen and Anindya Sinha)
- Quantum likelihood — a brand new course for Modeling in Cognitive technology (Sisir Roy)
- Knowledge, Its Hierarchy and Its course (Apoorva Patel)
- Some comments on Numbers and Their Cognition (P P Divakaran)
- Conceptual Revolution of the 20 th Century resulting in One Grand Unified proposal — The Quantum Vacuum (B V Sreekantan)
- Classical Coherence, lifestyles and realization (Partha Ghose)
- Consciousness — A Verifiable Prediction (N Panchapakesan)
- Gödel, Tarski, Turing and the Conundrum of loose Will (Chetan S Mandayam Nayakar & R Srikanth)
- Mathematics and Cognition (Rajesh Kasturirangan)
Readership: Researchers in existence sciences, physics, cognition, neuroscience, arithmetic and machine technological know-how, in addition to common public drawn to figuring out details move in dwelling systems.
- This ebook indicates how at each one point, differing physics techniques and mathematical instruments can be used to version and comprehend details move and its processing
Read Online or Download Nature's Longest Threads:New Frontiers in the Mathematics and Physics of Information in Biology PDF
Best chaos & systems books
Striving to discover the topic in as basic a way as attainable, this e-book is helping readers comprehend the elusive proposal of entropy. cutting edge facets of the e-book comprise the development of statistical entropy from wanted houses, the derivation of the entropy of classical platforms from simply classical assumptions, and a statistical thermodynamics method of the best Fermi and perfect Bose gases.
This publication describes approach dynamics with discontinuity as a result of procedure interactions and provides the idea of stream singularity and switchability on the boundary in discontinuous dynamical platforms. in accordance with this type of idea, the authors handle dynamics and movement mechanism of engineering discontinuous structures because of interplay.
This stylish publication offers a rigorous creation to the speculation of nonlinear mechanics and chaos. It seems that many easy mechanical structures be afflicted by a unusual illness. they're deterministic within the feel that their movement will be defined with partial differential equations, yet those equations haven't any right strategies and the habit they describe will be wildly unpredictable.
This booklet makes a speciality of modelling and simulation, keep watch over and optimization, sign processing, and forecasting in chosen nonlinear dynamical structures, offering either literature studies and novel concepts. It develops analytical or numerical techniques, that are easy to take advantage of, strong, reliable, versatile and universally acceptable to the research of complicated nonlinear dynamical platforms.
- Pattern Formation in Continuous and Coupled Systems: A Survey Volume (The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications)
- Ecological Networks: Linking Structure to Dynamics in Food Webs (Santa Fe Institute Studies on the Sciences of Complexity)
- Self-organized Criticality and Predictability in Atmospheric Flows: The Quantum World of Clouds and Rain (Springer Atmospheric Sciences)
- Chaos, Complexity and Transport:Proceedings of the CCT '15
- A Smooth and Discontinuous Oscillator: Theory, Methodology and Applications (Springer Tracts in Mechanical Engineering)
- Elements of Nonlinear Time Series Analysis and Forecasting (Springer Series in Statistics)
Additional resources for Nature's Longest Threads:New Frontiers in the Mathematics and Physics of Information in Biology
Nature's Longest Threads:New Frontiers in the Mathematics and Physics of Information in Biology by Janaki Balakrishnan,B V Sreekantan